Microphone not working with focusrite scarlett 2i2

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by arcticx7, May 8, 2018.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. paulears

paulears Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Well, is it actually a problem? Most bloggers sit in front of one microphone? Even if you have two presenters, it's very unusual for one to be in the left speaker and the other in the right - most times you just blend them together, so talk radio, blogging and most youtube instructional videos may well have people listening in stereo with two speakers, but apart from the music, it's mono! If you like blogspot, you're there. Plug in one mic to your twin channel interface and jobs done? I don't quite see the problem you think you have. Many blogspot users are using the single built in mic - in mono.

Blogspot should be used as if it's old fashioned mono radio. If you wish to record music, or do clever things, then you need alternative software, which will be capable of stereo, but one voice? That's mono. BTR isn't a problem. I can record 32 channels at once. Normally, just one source is connected - I just ignore the 31 others. Why don't you just ignore the other 1? Is it because you want to use two mics? If it is, you're stuck, because BTR doesn't seem to support multiple channels - not what it was designed to do. You could just buy a cheap analogue mixer, and plug that in, and have many more inputs.