1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

mics and monitors

Discussion in 'Monitoring / Headphones' started by manchuriarecords, Jul 11, 2004.

1. I might get the behringer truth monitors, approx $300.
    I heard good things about them, and i'm currently using a stereo as well! it's an amp, and infinity book shelf speakers. I own a shure sm57, it's my studios microphone, and I love it, good choice!

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

.... and ???

3. iznogood

iznogood Member

stay with your stereo!!!

stay away from anything behringer!!!

4. by

by Guest

behringer truth = white lie?

5. stereo?

So mixing on a stereo is okay, even though im using an amp and book shelf speakers? I really wanted the mackie hr824's, and a mackie hr150, or at least the hr824's. Still in my future plans but, book shelf speakers and an amp are fine to record, mix, and master with? I don't even have a decent pair of head phones, I have the AKG44
    =:.o( caught them for like $20. And with this set up I should be able to do what I need to do, to get started?

6. sdevino

sdevino Active Member

Your infinities are probably a lot more usefull than any of the monitors you mentioned. Especially since you know how music you like sounds in them.

Steve