1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mics for acoustic guitar/voice

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by jackirons, Jan 2, 2009.

1. jackirons

jackirons Guest

Hello there,
    I was wondering if anyone can suggest a couple of mics that i can use for recording acoustic guitar and voice at home. Something with good quality but not too expensive. How many do I need? etc.
    Thanks

2. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

In before 2x Shure SM58...

3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

I thought Vince should know about this also?

4. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Classic, Remy, classic.

5. Guitpkr

Guitpkr Guest

I recommend the Avenson ST0-2 for acoustic guitar. It is the best!! Also, if you're on a budget the Heil PR35 or PR22 is a good option. http://www.anthemguitars.net has the best prices around on either and they sell on ebay so you can make an offer. :)

6. quesne

quesne Active Member

I got the MXL 990/993 kit from MF about 6 months ago ($99). I have recently been using them for recording fingerstyle acoustic guitar (Taylor 714) and vocals (me), and I am very happy with both of them.

The 993 is sensitive to orientation axis and placement along the neck (but what condenser isn't), and I use a pop filter with the 990 (absolutely essential).

7. Brenguy

Brenguy Guest

AKG Perception 200 is a really good low budget multi-purpose mic. Its good for vocals and acoustic guitar and I'm in the middle of recording a demo right now with it. I bought it for like 160 at GC.

8. vashuba

vashuba Active Member

i got a bluebird, and At4040. i like them. got the bluebird used at a good price

9. I have this mic also and I honestly don't think you can get a better mic for around $150.

There are better mics out there, but not anywhere near that price.