1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mics

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by melo, Jan 6, 2005.

1. melo

melo Guest

What would be a good vocal mic to purchase for around 500 dollars if you have any suggestions that are more im open to waiting a little longer to purchase one to save up the money but try not to go over 1000 and tell me why i should wait to get that one over one that is around 500 dollars one mic that i was looking at was 600 it was the AKG c4000 what do you think of this one?

2. Barkingdogstudios

Barkingdogstudios Active Member

I think you'll find the AKG C414-ULS a better buy. It's simply a better mic and can be used on lots of more things than just vocals.

If you would like to stay in your price range, another suggestion is the SHURE KSM32. I have found this mic to work well on male vocals and acoustic guitar.

Have you considered the Studio Projects line? I don't have one but they have been well received here.

3. sproll

sproll Active Member

I LOVE my Studio Projects C1 mic. Amazing mic for the money.

4. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

stay out of the c1000's, 2000's and so on!
    i have a c414 tlII which is an amazing mic!
    look at studio projects too, rode ntk and so on...
    which pre are you using?

5. McPhaul

McPhaul Guest

I've been very happy with my AT4050's. They go for a little under the $500.00 mark.

6. I really like the Rode NT1-A for vocals. $200 in Musician's Friend.

7. melo

melo Guest

Thanks for the help guys its lloking like im gonna get the c414, but thanks to everyone for the help

8. EricK

EricK Guest

Take a good look at the AT-4047. It's one of my favorite mics, and can be had for well under $500.