1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Midi Bank Change in Cubase SX?

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by munkee, Oct 2, 2003.

1. munkee

munkee Guest

I know how to Draw in a Program Change in Cubase SX. However, I want to also draw in a Bank Change. My module has 255 presets. I even tried to record another track to handle the Bank Change but it would only use the presets in the first 128 patches. I usually set my Bank in the inspector to 129 to get to the other presets(129-255).But it won't do the bank change during playback???

2. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

I think this can be accomplished by loading the bank setup for your particular instrument. For example, a friend of mine does this by going to Korgs website & downloading the bank setup for his triton keyboard. Also SX should have a slew of various bank presets itself. If this or whatever works, please post a response, I'm curious to find out how to set this up too.

[ October 03, 2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: dabmeister17 ]

3. munkee

munkee Guest

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately this is an older sound module. It's a Roland M-VS1.There was a "Studio Module" for it for the older version of CUbase(5.1) But not for SX.

4. Tore Nylund

Tore Nylund Guest

What about this:
    They have instrument drivers for M-VS1:
    MidiQuest7
    I have to check it out when I get my M-VS1 back home( I've had it in the studio for two years now)
    Before I found that one... I had an idea:
    since I just bought a JV1010 and just downloaded a file for running the 1010's patch libary in SX..
    Couldn't I use that one on MVS1 too? I mean, MVS1 is just a hardware unit of the Vintage synth chip for all the JV's... :roll: