1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MIDI controller

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Robertibi1, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Robertibi1

Robertibi1 Guest

A friend of mine is looking for an 'inexpensive' MIDI controller. He was considering the Oxygen 8 but after reading bad reviews, is looking at other alternatives. Any recommendations in the same price range?

thanks and regards,
    Robert

2. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Howdy

There's a decent, if a little outdated, article about keyboard controllers here .

I've heard good thing about the Evolution keyboards as alternatives to the Oxygen.

3. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

I saw a novation controller that looked kinda nice...
    but I've never tried one :s:

4. Nate Tschetter

Howdy

I think the nice thing about the evolution stuff is that you can save controller mappings as presets. This is something the Oxygen doesn't seem to do.

5. Robertibi1

Robertibi1 Guest

thanks for the quick reponses. I have forwarded your recommendations to my friend. It's great that the Evolution UC-33, Novation K-Station & Remote-25 controllers all work with Reason. That is his software of choice at the moment. Any pros/cons on these controllers? I am clueless as I haven't moved up from my Yamaha DX-11.

thanks again,
    Robert

6. Nate Tschetter

Howdy

I don't really see any cons of the concept.I've not used any of them but I'm keen to do so when I get my portable computer rig together.