1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Midi latency, FW1884, and Cubase SX

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by therecordingart, Apr 12, 2005.

1. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Ok...I'm an idiot when it comes to midi. I'm borrowing my buddies 49key Radium and hooked it up to the midi input on my FW1884. I go into Cubase SX, add a midi track, and when I play I hear myself playing piano...cool, but every time I hit a key there is a short delay between when I hit the key and when audio comes out. What do I need to do because I feel that I don't have this properly set up. Also, how do I use VST instruments? I don't have the manual anymore and the help screen isn't helping. Can I play in real time and hear the instrument?

I've got a nightmare on my hands....please help! Does this have anything to do with Sync'ing? How do I probably setup the sync?

With this latency I can't play a single thing on time...it's a bitch....does anyone know how to fix this? My computer has a 2 gig processor and 1.5 gigs of good RAM. This shouldn't be happening right?