1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MIDI over MADI

Discussion in 'Recording' started by audiokid, Mar 27, 2011.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Anyone use MIDI over MADI? How does it work for people heavy into midi programming keyboards and drums? How is the latency?

2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Chris, are you going to have your midi controller in a different room than the computer? Or what is the scenario you would need to transport over MADI?

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

For now I'm not going anymore than 10 feet. The MADI I'm thinking is a tighter interface that includes MIDI and the ability to network if I every go that direction down the road. Saves me the need to buy $300 in cable as well as a midi card, yes?

What are you thinking?

4. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Nothing. I was just trying to picture when you would need to run midi over the madi pipe. I forget that you are a keyboard player and might have a midi setup in your live room.

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I do but its dated and still needs to go through the interface somehow. USB it terrible but FW works pretty good with it. I'm thinking MIDI over MADI would be even better.