1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Midi Recording MPC 3000 vs. Mac running Logic 7.0

Discussion in 'Logic' started by lxx, Jan 24, 2005.

1. lxx

lxx Active Member

I know this is a way of comparing Apples with Peaches but although.
    I used to have an mpc 3000 LE and worked aswell on a Mac Running various versions of Logic.
    Regarding the midi thing I have the idea that the MPC swings more from itself.
    Am I crazy is this between my ears or is it really so.
    The thing you can do with a computer are much more and almost everything is possible but it looks to me if the MPC simply sounds better. I also had an MPC 4000 but this machine had almost no difference in swing when I am comparing this with to my computer.
    Why I am writing this ? Because I am thinking about an MPC 3000 again....
    I would like to hear your opinion and experiences.

Lex

2. dnaflr2

dnaflr2 Guest

I am the former owner of an MPC 2000. I currently use Logic w/EXS-24 as my main beat machine. I agree the MPC does have a magic to it. I think one thing you are missing is the interface...
    Have you looked at the pad interface Akai makes? It is essentially the same as the MPC.
    As for the time, I agree with you as well. The MPC does seem to have a timing "thing" all of it's own, however I am sure that this sort of thing can be mimicked in Logic as powerful as it is.
    You should also consider the signal path. Maybe the D/A in the MPC is more to your preference than the current setup A/D D/A you are using w/Logic...

Also, and not least important.. There is a certain magic about hardware. For example I know there are alot of great plugs/sof synths out there, but I prefer to use my hardware synths. Even if they are noisy, or not greatly compatible they have distince personality.