1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Midi Setup...2 Midi Controllers

Discussion in 'Recording' started by luvdldy, Dec 28, 2004.

1. luvdldy

luvdldy Guest

OK... here is my dilemma:

I am trying to have 2 Midi Controllers. I have a keyboard and my MPC2000XL that I would like to control different synths. Sometimes I want to be able to use the MPC to play (record) drums, sometimes I want to be able to use my keyboard for pad, horn, synth sounds basically.

I don't want to have to change midi cables every time. I have a Midi Thru Box and I have a Terratec EWS88MT soundcard. I also have the Planet Phatt, Alesis D4, Orbit, ESI200, Nanobass, Dr 5, and some other synths.

How exactly would I set up my Midi Cables to do this. My keyboard has one out, one in and thru. The MPC has in/out A & in/out B. I believe the MPCs in/outs are totally independent.

HELP!!! PLZ.

Thanks in advance. :cry:
  2. moonz

moonz Guest

Do yourself a favor...get a multi-port midi interface ...connect up everything midi you want to use to that, and you'll be able to select each midi device you have connected to it, independently.

A 4x4 midi interface will support the use of 4 different controllers...you can switch back and forth to whichever controller you want to use by selecting the individual midi ports on the midi interface, through your software application.