1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MIDI ???????

Discussion in 'Recording' started by knonothin, Aug 28, 2007.

1. knonothin

knonothin Guest

hey guys i have protools le 7 and i can record and playback only one midi instrument track in protools with my motif es connected tru midi to mbox2 pro, i was wondering if anybody knows how to record more than one midi track in one song, with motif to play back more than one midi instrument tracks at once in the song is this possible? I meant if i can have 6 midi instrument tracks and have moti es to send data to 6 tracks in protools.... if it is can somebody help me out and tell me how to do this please?????
  2. EricWatkins

EricWatkins Active Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Decatur Il
    I cant answer your problems specifically because I dont own PT or a Motif. However; I'm 100% sure that yes, you can record multiple tracks of midi in PT and yes, your Motif can play back at least 16 channels of midi if not 32. You are just going to have to dig into your manuals to see how to set this up in your particular instance.
  3. knonothin

knonothin Guest

HEy Erik thanks for ur info Helped me out a lot i will have to get
    more in my motif to solve this problem. if any body knows how to do this it would really be great for me to kno.
  4. hueseph

hueseph Distinguished Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Each midi track needs to be assigned a midi channel in PT. Each instrument on the Motif also needs to be assigned corresponding midi channels.
    If that doesn't help. A bit more info might.
  5. casper

casper Guest

This might help

6. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Hey, the motif reads that it has "The sequencer section can handle up to 226,000 notes in 16 tracks."

With on board sequencing, let the motif remember the notes. It can also do 128 note polyphony! Lotta stuff there!

7. knonothin

knonothin Guest

thanks guys really helped me out,