1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Midisport 2x4 (vs) Midisport 8x8

Discussion in 'Recording' started by TekoBand, Feb 5, 2006.

1. TekoBand

TekoBand Guest

Have added additional Midi equipment and am planning on upsizing from my current Midisport 2x4 to a Midisport 8x8.

Anyone experiencing any problems with their 8x8 or have other possible recommendations?

Thanks for any input. :)

PS: Dell PC/Windows XP
    (2x4 not for sale)

2. saemskin

saemskin Active Member

I have the 8x8. It works perfectly and I love it, no problems here.

3. axel

axel Guest

i would either go with very small interfaces like 2*2 or pretty much any 8*8, like the amt8, unitor8, midi sport 8*8, motu XT, etc., etc,

reason is that the 8*8s have a chip for correcting midi glitches, so they have a dead rock solid timing, with 2*2s is not very much midi data at once going on, so no probs here, but nearly all of the 4*4s suck, because it is a big amount of data flowing, if you use all 4 channels, with a busy midi channel setup and they don't have any timing correction, so you get glitches...

cheers

4. Lerxst

Lerxst Guest

I have a 4x4 and it works great. I like either a 4x4 or the 8x8's with the M-Audio's because all of their ports are in the rear. This is handy if your gear is racked as you would have to run midi cables through the front other wise.

5. TekoBand

TekoBand Guest

:D

Thanks a lot for your comments and suggestions. Always nice to be able to get the benefit of experience before making an uninformed and/or bad choice.