1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Millenia Media Modular Mixer..mmmm?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Ted Nightshade, Dec 11, 2001.

1. This looks promising for portable live recording work. Any experiences or opinions? I'll be tracking a lot of acoustic and jazz sources. Is this a solid make of gear/ Will it last forever? Is the sound glorious?
    I appreciate any input.
    Ted

2. Damn, I didn 't realize how expensive that all is . Never mind!

3. atlasproaudio

atlasproaudio Active Member

Home Page:
    The Millennia Media mixing suite is very nice sounding. I think it is on par with the price considering the quality you recieve. It would also make an especially nice side car for a rock n roll room that gets some jazz or small classical choral or instrumental ensembles in if they have a large enough (and acoustically solid enough) tracking room.

4. willstg

willstg Guest

Because they're so expensive people really want them when they buy them, so you rarely see them for sale used. But there was a guy on Ebay trying to sell his fully blown out system for around 10k... Bargain! <g>

5. larsrec

larsrec Guest

I'm lucky enough to own one. I use it for jazz and classical mixing and it is a phenomenal piece of equipment. The company also provides superb support. I have twelve channels and am putting together a fader pack using Penny and Giles faders. Its one of the few pieces of gear I own that won't be obsolete in a few years.

6. It seems like the controls are super cramped and a bunch of concentric knobs, etc. I guess longthrow faders are almost mandatory. I'm very interested your fader project. What is that part of it costing? Anything I should know about it?
    Thanks, Ted

7. larsrec

larsrec Guest

Ted,
    I ordered a bunch of Penny & Giles faders and am having a black aluminum plate machined with slots and fader markings and even my studio logo. The fader pack will cost about $1200 when it's finished. In the meantime I use the console as is. It's cramped but I've gotten used to it. For jazz I usually am not riding the faders anyway, but I miss the instant visual feedback that faders provide.
    I can't say enough positive about the unit. It's dead quiet, extremely transparent, has a great headphone amp for location work with an extra output and control for the producer. Telarc uses them a lot for location work. Tom Jung also uses it for his DSD projects. John LaGrou at Millennia is also great to work with.
    John

8. I read one review of the mmmm where a live engineer was saying that being transformerless, it tended to be susceptible to line noise of various kinds. Maybe this would not be so if used with a good powerconditioner like Equi=tech. ( I have one already.)
    I looked up those Giles & Penny faders- gracious, those are first rate. Should be totally up to spec for the Millennia. Sounds like a big engineering job, so if I do this is it possible to have it done where you are having yours done? How many faders are you ending up with?
    This system would be a stretch, but whatever I do will be, to one extent or the other.
    Ted