1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MIx/Master for ring back Tone

Discussion in 'Recording' started by funkface42, Mar 20, 2009.

1. funkface42

funkface42 Guest

Hi guys..

Is there any Tips for me to Mix/Master Ring back Tone..I've tried many times but the result is always Bad..the Audio seems to be distorted..(peak sound)

Thanks

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

Um cell phones don't have big speakers. As a result, you have to tailor your response to accommodate a 1/2 inch speaker. This would generally mean rolling off most low frequencies below 200 hertz & rolling off most high frequencies beyond 5kHz. You'll want to add copious amounts of compression if you haven't done so already. This would be mastering for cell phones & ring back tones.

Hello? Wrong number.
    Ms. Remy Ann David

3. funkface42

funkface42 Guest

Ok Thanks a lot for replay remy :D I'll try it tommorow

Best
    FF

4. music293

music293 Active Member

Would boosting the mids slightly help as well, or would that make for too much crunch on an already distorted speaker?

Thoughts?

5. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

Boosting mid frequencies provides for similar results to rolling off low & high frequencies. But it's really that bandwidth limiting that you want. And so the reason for rolling off as opposed to boosting. You are right, things are already crunchy. Purely boosting causes more problems with headroom. But you really have to tailor the response for these tiny devices. LESS IS MORE, in more ways than one.

Bandwidth limiting is good
    Ms. Remy Ann David

6. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

"Bandwidth limiting is good"
    Unless it's from your ISP...