1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MIX PRACTICE

Discussion in 'Recording' started by DJ FADE, Jul 3, 2005.

1. DJ FADE

DJ FADE Guest

this might be a dumb question...

does anyone have some raw audio files from any sessions that you've done in the past? i would love to have some more practice for mixing some tracks that are already down and recorded. i'm limited to how many artists i can get in to record (advertising is difficult) and i enjoy it so much that this is just something that i would love to do. any feedback would be great.

2. PERRANFULO

PERRANFULO Guest

hey, i would also like to try this!!!

and just fyi, i will not insult or criticise anything.

i am volunteering to do this, so, it does not have to be up to any standard, or anything.

i get the impression that people do not want to try this because of someone else offering to do this, and then critisizing it and telling them that its crap (oops, forgot to mention that i am NOT referring to the guy that started this topic... :) ).

no need to worry.

thanx

3. DJ FADE

DJ FADE Guest

yeah i think it could turn into something really cool - for example: one person records a set standard pro tools session with all the pieces recorded, then makes it available for download. then whoever wants to participate can go in and get as creative as possible. then after a week or so, we can go and listen to all of the different mixes that the different people came up with.

anyone else think this could be fun?

4. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

There is an NIN download available

5. PERRANFULO

PERRANFULO Guest

whats that and where is it?

6. David French

David French Well-Known Member

NIN = Nine Inch Nails

7. PERRANFULO

PERRANFULO Guest

haha, right as i refreshed the page i found out what it meant.

only problem is i have sonar 3.

anyway of getting a hold of just 16/44.1 wav files of this project?

8. jazzy655

jazzy655 Guest

Any of you guys willing to try mixing some hiphop? I've got some sessions, and i'd love to hear what someone with more experience could do with them. Let me know....

9. PERRANFULO

PERRANFULO Guest

hey what sup man.

just wanted to say that i am willing to try and mix any type of music, it really does not matter one bit, as long as they are wav or mp3 files.

also, i don't know about having a more experience, but thats what i want to try to get.

thanx

10. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

http://www.nin.com/access/only/protools/

other servers will probably also have it

11. PERRANFULO

PERRANFULO Guest

yeah, i found it, unfortunately i have sonar 3

12. jazzy655

jazzy655 Guest

cool. ok, i'll see if i can get a session in wav format up on my server for u to download. i'll let you know

13. What the deal???!!! I want to get in on this one also. I also do the HIP HOP! Who would be willing to do some mixes with ya boy??? Hit me up at STORMSHADOW04@hotmail.com. And let us do this man!! I can send my tracks WAV or MP3.

Thanks for the Guidance!!!

14. DJ FADE

DJ FADE Guest

15. PERRANFULO

PERRANFULO Guest

16. jazzy655

jazzy655 Guest

cool, i'll post the link once it's up on my server
    actually, you guys tell me which you'd like to take a crack at.
    check the track out a http://www.somobe.com/dj

let me know, and i'll bounce the tracks down...

17. PERRANFULO

PERRANFULO Guest

hey actually, mp3 is fine.

also, i ain't sure if you know what i mean as in mix or not (correct me if i am wrong, and i do apologize if i am), but i mean mix as in mix every "instrument" and vocal indivvidually so that they fit together in the song, not mix as in re arrange the song as a whole.

just thought i'd say that in case any of you (or me :lol: ) were confused.

thanx

18. jazzy655

jazzy655 Guest

i understood

19. Could someone PLEASE help me with sending these tracks. I have tried every e-mail account I have and no dice. Does someone have a better way??

20. PERRANFULO

PERRANFULO Guest

you could try sending them mp3?

i'm guessing your gonna have to upload them somewhere so we can download them