Mixed & Mastered

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by BASSKRAFT, Feb 13, 2005.

This is not my song, I only MIXED and MASTERED this composition.

The source was complex... about 48 audio tracks with files in 16bit
    and 24bit resolution...bit conversation troubles... etc...

However work is done.

Tell me your opinion please.
    Thanx A Lot!
  2. Ed Littman

Ed Littman Guest

I like the mix of the music & the bottom end, but the vocal & the 3kto 10k range is real harsh & too bright for my taste. also the vocals get lost in the mix at times.
  3. TrilliumSound

TrilliumSound Active Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Montreal, Qc, CANADA
    Home Page:

Listened to it too... sounds good to me. I must say the same thing that Ed said about the vocal but in general sounds good.

It is a bit hard for me to understand that there is 48 tracks in this ??!! 48 tracks of what ?? I hear drum samples and loops, bass seq, vocal and synth. Maybe you are reffering to segments of parts of the same instruments and made them as different tracks ?

It is also clipping all the way, you should re-check your limiter's settings.

there was a 48 tracks - really!

for example:
    the Pad - looks like usual Pad... but the composer did it from 3 different instruments, which sound simultaneously and have been recorded in 3 stereo tracks. All together 6 mono tracks....
    etc ... etc... A lot of FX which remaining in background but create the general atmosphere...
    Thanks for comments!
  5. JamieTate

JamieTate Active Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Nashville. Third house on the left.
    Lots-o-top end going on there! I'd also expect a bit more in the bottom to make those thumper boxes go thump!

I'd focus on the mids a little more. That's where the power and energy comes from. Most people that dig this type of music already have the top and bottom end EQ cranked into a smiley face. This track has that built in already so when they play it they'll probably hear a very hollow sounding track.

Also, if you fill in the midrange a bit more you'll have a louder track that doesn't need the help of so much digital limiting. Adding a touch at 1kHz (or whatever this needs) will make it much louder than you could achieve just by hitting the limiter with a smiley faced track.

Good luck!
  6. Ammitsboel

Ammitsboel Guest

-Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread.