1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MIxer Settings To Get The Best Out Of An Apex 420

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jb4play, Nov 18, 2001.

1. jb4play

jb4play Guest

Hi? I have a serious ? I'm new to the music scene and I'm having trouble getting my vocals and others to sound..... well like a normal voice should. I'm using a Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro mixer, its preamping my Apex 420 mic. The ? i have is wut are some good mixer eq's or settings to get a good tone, I run the Apex through the Mackie's channel 1 preamp, should i leave the hi, mid, and low eq's set to normal or adjust higher? should I adjust the mic trim? should I mess wit the channels gain fo the mic? and should I mess wit the overall mixer's volume as well? I know dis sounds like a newbie ? but I can't seem to get the professional sounding vocals dat I'm hunting for, I run everything into a studio sound card dat is ran by Nuendo. Also under Nuendo after I record a vocal, I compress it at 3:1:1 ratio, then I de ess it at the maximum de esser level, then I denoise the whole vocal. am i doin the right thing? should I use something such as BBE Sonic Maximizer to raise the vocals after or just bring the beat down? if u can help contact me at brown13@bellsouth.net , unda aol at jb4play, or msn messenger at jb4play@hotmail.com , check my music at http://www.mp3.com/lil_rel , ALL HELP IS NEEDED!!! thx guys :)