1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

mixer to soundcard

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Sanoz0r, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Sanoz0r

Sanoz0r Guest

Hey ppl

I need to purchase a soundcard to add to my recording setup.

Will it be advisable to get each seperate input into my computer (i would need about 18 soundcard inputs)? or should i rather group inputs and then send them to my computer (less inputs obviously)?

And what is a good card to buy?? Remember im on a budget :)

keep well all
  2. blogg1

blogg1 Guest

Check out ST Audio DSP 2000 C-port!

10input/outputs 8 of them are analog in a separat 19inch breakoutbox 2 of the analog chanels are preamped (ok don´t expect the worlds greatest preamps, but it´s still ok preamps if you compare them to the preamps in a "B" mixer).The card has 24/96 audio (the latency in 96K is 2ms) and it´s not that expensive 500-600$. If you later feel the need to expand the numbre of channels you can connect up to 3 more units to the card 4 * 10 in/out= 40 in/out channels.
    Ok, ST audio is a Korean brand ( I have seen that some people here in the forum have expressed negative opinions about Asian products so I thougt I mention it, personally I don´t have a problem buying a Korean product as long as it´s a good product...) and some larger brands might have better latency and sound better in a really great studio environment, but I have been using ST audio cards for a while now and I think that you can´t get a better value for that amount of money. Of course you might also check out ESI WamiRack, I havent tried them myself but I heard a lot of good things about them.
  3. Sanoz0r

Sanoz0r Guest

how do you 'turn off' those preamps on the
    sound card. obviously i use my mixers preamps
  4. blogg1

blogg1 Guest

You dont have to plug into the preamps, you just use the line input to bypass them...