1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mixers...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by trumpetprod, Feb 27, 2010.

1. trumpetprod

trumpetprod Active Member

I was considering buying a mixer for my home recording studio. What I would prefer is a mixer that would last me a couple of years, so I don't end up upgrading. My budget for mixers is around $200 and under, but if I really have to, $300. I'm new to mixers so I don't know if 200 dollars is enough to buy a good mixer.
    Thanks
    tp

[EDIT]
    I will be recording with 7 or 8 channels, but for now, just 1.

2. djmukilteo

djmukilteo Well-Known Member

Buy Mackie 802-VLZ3 Compact Mixer | Unpowered Mixers | Musician's Friend

3. trumpetprod

trumpetprod Active Member

That's seems pretty strait forward. I'll think about it.

4. djmukilteo

djmukilteo Well-Known Member

For a little more you should look at this Mackie too!....more channels and features than the smaller one for not much more!
    Can you tell yet that I would have you consider Mackie over the Behringers?!?....LOL

Buy Mackie ProFX12 Professional Compact Mixer | Unpowered Mixers | Musician's Friend

5. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Why do you want a mixer? Are you needing to combine mics to a track(s) as you record? Do you have a "real" interface or just a cheap soundcard? To be honest, if you are recording just yourself to a computer-based rig, you really don't need a mixer. Adding a mixer isn't going to make the tracks sound better, especially if the mixer is a low-priced affair and you are running it into a soundblaster card. So, please, give us the scoop!
    BTW, a mixer priced at $200-300 isn't likely to last you "a couple of years". They are designed and built to be "throw-away" consumer devices after their short lifespan. Save your $$ and pop for a better level of quality. We can discuss this in more detail after you clarify your situation and needs.