1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mojave MA-300 - Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by audiokid, Jun 22, 2011.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I'm looking over the Mojave website and see they have their new MA300 online now. What I see different is the remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector.

http://www.mojaveaudio.com/MA-300.html

Anyone know what this means exactly?

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

It's like other continuously-variable-pattern mics, I believe. I tried to find out the specifics by contacting them, but several weeks later they still haven't replied. Anyway, the other mics like this simply have a rotary pot that starts at "Omni" at one extreme, and as you rotate the control, ends up on "Figure *" at the other end. In between are various "shades" of Cardioid
    (Wide, Hyper, etc.), I want to say that the control is varying the bias between the dual capsules to determine the directionality.

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hi Moon, sounds right to me, thanks for explaining that so well. I contacted Dusty (from Mojave) yesterday so maybe he will chime in here and tell us more on it.

4. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like a really nice arrangement, definitely worth the upgrade from the 200.

5. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

All of my tube mics have this on the power supply. And technically I think its as Moon said.