1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Monitor advice for hip hop/r&b

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Caisson, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Caisson

Caisson Guest

I monitor on some Samson Resolv80a's.......I think that they are my weekest link a my set up right now.

I went to guitar the other day and listened to some Mackie H824's and some Dynaudio B5's or something like that 5oo.oo ea price range.

i was leaning more towards the H824's but I notice the dynaudios sound a little better.... anyway the real problem that im having is wondering if I should get 6's or 8's????? for hip hop/ r&b

so what are some of your view on this

SYNTHME Active Member

Dec 30, 2005
    still wandering...
    Have you listened to any 2.1 systems yet?

I was doing monitor comparisons a few months ago and was also torn between choosing a 6 or an 8, since much of the music I mix has a lagre amount of bass.

I started looking in to 2.1 systems, and now that I own one, will never go back to a two speaker configuration when it comes to mixing hip hop, techno/trance, or any other types of "bass intensive" music.

My favourite was the Blue Sky ProDesk (http://www.abluesky.com/p_s_gb/p3s2.html). I think the entire set runs around $1000 or less.