1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Monitor: which model and brand(s) do you use?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Alécio Costa - Brazil, May 19, 2006.

1. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

HI, I will start this topic.
    At present: Alesis Monitor Ones MK2 PAssive + Tascam PA150 Amp
    Close future: Dynaudio BM6passive + Tascam PA150.

2. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

control room
    Event passive 8 inch with Kev built amps
    future JLM SAM
    room is just too small for anything really big and special

lounge
    Klipsch Heresey with Rotel mono blocks
    with Kev built sub-woofer and sub-amp and active xover system

yeah ... loud

mobile
    NS10 with Kev built amps

3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Control room, 2 pairs of JBL 4311/12, 1 pair of KRK Rockit, 1 pair of Radio Shaft Minimus7's.

JBL's powered by Crown DC 300a, KRK by hot Rodded Hafler, Radio Shaft by Nikko of Japan.

Old monitors, old amplifiers my favorite sound. Of course I also like Meyer HD1's but I don't got any, waaaaaaa

Speakers punch, they don't suck
    Ms. Remy Ann David

4. TVPostSound

TVPostSound Guest

L C R are JBL6328Ps
    LS RS are JBL6325Ps
    LFe is JBL6312SP

Small monitors Dell 19" FlatPanel TV!!!!!
    Smaller monitors Apple 15" Powerbook!!!!

My TV mixes translate perfectly!!!!! :lol:

5. TeddyG

TeddyG Well-Known Member

Yamaha MSP5A's.

I can now hear every one of my horrid deficiencies perfectly well. I WANT MY OLD, COULDN'T HEAR NOTHIN', SPEAKERS BACK! No, I don't.

I even bought, don't you dare laugh, a set of Aurelex "MoPads" - every once in awhile I like to pay 30 bucks for a couple pieces of foam, I could have bought for 50 cents at K Mart, OK? It's the "hologram" logo on the front that got me..!

TG

They still need to come up a bit. Anyone have 6x8" pieces of plywood for 45 bucks each, with like the "Georgia Pacific" logo, in "hologram" form, that I could stick under the MoPads? I'll bite...

The left speaker leans a bit to the left..? As I'm a conservative(Sort've/sometimes), this does offend me... These speakers are heavy, little devils......

6. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

hi

Anyone else? :)

7. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

1 pair of Mackie HR 824s

1 pair of EV MS-802 powered by either an Alesis RA-100 or a Hafler dh-500

8. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention the Auratones

9. TVPostSound

TVPostSound Guest

Ive got something close!!! Not plywood, but MDF!!!

http://www.kkaudio.com/stands.html

Using 3 of those up front, filled with sand and topped with Mo (money) pads!!!!! :cool:

10. TeddyG

TeddyG Well-Known Member

Yeah, no room for such "pretties"... They've got to sit behind a corner console and come out over it, like a foot or more. I am considering building something to work? For now, stupid plywood under the "Mo's"(Which takeup to much space, guess I'll cut 'em down with an electric knife?), will have to do...

TG

11. Jedi

Jedi Active Member

Hi ,

i use pmc tb2 , krk k rock and ns10

1 labgruppen amp and one sony hifi amp

it's useless to put a powerfull system in a bad room

better to have a good small system and to treat a bit the room with some panels

no?

cheers

12. cfaalm

cfaalm Active Member

Audix HRM-2. I think noboby uses these but me :(

13. CharlesDayton

CharlesDayton Active Member

5 Event 20/20bas and the 20/20 sub, Auratones witha Stewart amp, and the speakers in my Philips TV. I'm thinking of ditching the Events and switching to the JBL 6328s.

14. TVPostSound

TVPostSound Guest

Good move!!!
    I was burned by Events at a Post house you and I know of!!!
    The one next to the golf course in Burbank!!!! :roll:

15. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

Dynaudio BM6A (home)
    Yamaha MSP5A's W/MOPADS!!! (work)

Looking for an OK somewhat cheap sub to go with the Dyn's (to impress the bands and chicks, not really for anything critical).
    Kev, in 100 words or less, how do I build a subwoofer? Thx :D

16. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

:shock:
    seriously ... or was that rhetorical ?

and I have to keep it below 100 words ... :roll:

17. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Genelec 1031's , E-MU PM5's and E-MU 10" sub, (4) JBL 4406's with (2) Crown PS-400 amps for surround.

18. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

Well, I would like to know, but I have a feeling my woodwerking skills would not suffice. And if it takes more than 100 words and a few pictures, I probably would be too chicken to try. heh heh

A-Gaff: Any idea on the street price of that E-Mu sub? I can't even find the list. Guessing you got some kind of hook-up...

19. FifthCircle

FifthCircle Well-Known Member

Norberg Model 28's with either a Bryston 4B or Hafler 9505 amplifier are my mains.

Genelec 1031's as secondary reference (rarely used) and location reference monitoring.

--Ben

20. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

I have had the E-MU PM5's for almost 4-weeks now and am quite happy with them. The sub is not yet mine. It is on loan from a friend that got it from E-MU to evaluate, but he had to go to a funeral so he has loaned it to me to give it a good work out while he is away. I mis-typed as it is a 12" sub not a 10". And although I have only had it now for a 6-days, I must say, it kicks some serious ass on it's own and fills in the missing gap of the PM5's perfectly. I have to give back after this weekend, but if it continues to perform as well as it has, I will get likely get one when they are shipping and not bother getting the Genelec Sub. (or at least I will wait and move it towards the bottom of the must have list) I'm not sure the street price. I expect it will be in the $500 range and know it will be way cheaper than the Genelec sub I was looking at. I'll now delegate the JBL's to upgrade my home stereo/TV and finally get some decent surround capability for the living room.