1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Monitoring setup advice for my firepod...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by slowjett, Dec 26, 2005.

1. slowjett

slowjett Guest

I havent had to deal with this yet. But I would like to know the best way to do a compact setup of monitoring the 8 channels off of my firepod, plus obviously, the playback (via stereo pair as I can control the monitoring in cuebase for now) into 4 channels of a headphone distro amp, and my monitors (if I would like the channels Im tracking to be on them). The onoly catch is I also need to make it portable, as I only have one setup, and I would like to take it to shows... I woudl really like to get a sperate mix each of the 4 channels...

Or you could ignore what I said if it sounds like im clueless, and I i'll jsut tell you what I want here. Firepod 8 channels, seperate monitor mix on 4 channels for 4 seperate can mixes... Compact way to do it.

I've never had to set somehing up like this, so Im a newb. Your advice on an idea, but compact monitor mix would be so great.

I could be thinking of this all wrong, but I was thinking, > small 12chan mixer, with 4 sends on each chan (rackmount??), Out of firepods 8 outputs + stereo outs into mixer, out of mixer sends to headphone amps inputs, Am I on the right track here. This is my best guess as to how it works.. To be honest I dont know what the Cue Mix Line Outs (on the firepod) are for.. Sorry if thats completely ignorant, but I will consult the manual and common sense for those as I just noticed them =]

Thanks again for your advice!!!