1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Monitors?? Klipsch Floor Speakers vs Boston Acoustic cr85

Discussion in 'Monitoring & Headphones' started by Atlas, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Atlas

Atlas Guest

I am wondering if anyone uses floor speakers as monitors. I was looking around today and found some good deals on some Boston Acoustic cr85 bookcase speakers and a Klipsch f1 set of floor speakers. Has anyone used either of these? Are you satisfied? Would anyone recomend another set of speakers?

Atlas :shock:
  2. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Pacific NW
    For years I used a small set of Boston Acoustics bookshelfs to reference my mixes to. I do not remember the model but they are still in use at a friends' studio for the same purpose. I found over the years, that if the mix did not sound finished on these, it wasnt. The Klipsch are a different story. Love em in my living room, would never trust them as a monitor for mixing. I never mixed on the Bostons either. These days I use an older set of Celestion Model 3 bookshelf speaks as my reference set. Again, if the mix doesnt sound right on these , it isnt. You can never have too many reference speakers. I have four different stereo systems scattered about and they all tell me different things during the life of a mix.