1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Monitoring & Headphones' started by Jonhedin, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Jonhedin

Jonhedin Active Member

Sep 18, 2001
    Faroe Islands
    Home Page:
    What monitors do you use for mixing?
  2. Rog

Rog Guest

I use Tannoy SRM 10Bs and Genelec 1030As. I've got a pair of Behringer Truths on the way too.

The Tannoys are excellent, the Genelecs I'm getting to despise more and more.
  3. weezy christ

weezy christ Guest

Dynaudio BM5's and Mackies.

I DON'T use NS-10s.
  4. PMC's, Sundholm's, and NS10's
  5. mikemoritz

mikemoritz Guest

I'm running with ns10s

6. A.D.A.M. S3A's. Absolutely incredible!
  7. Rader Ranch

Rader Ranch Guest

Mackies, old JBL's, NHT's for surround, Sony boombox...and if anyone has some auratones lying around they don't want, i'd sure love to grab 'em! especially if they're shielded...

Originally posted by Ted:
    A.D.A.M. S3A's. Absolutely incredible!

dammit, stop saying that!!!!!

i'm sure hooked on the hype...if anyone's looking for low mileage Mackies cheap...
  8. mapostel

mapostel Guest

JBL 4412 in one studio; UREI 824 and NS-10 in the other. Privately I have Genelec 1029s, but I'm not mixing with them at the moment.

9. Dave McNair

Dave McNair Active Member

Mar 6, 2001
    I'm using Mackies, NS-10's primarily, sometimes Genelec 1030 or 1031, and Nile 5's
  10. radiophonic

radiophonic Guest

JBL LSR28p's, NHT SuperOne's, and some cheap computer speakers (no sub).

11. Jonhedin

Jonhedin Active Member

Sep 18, 2001
    Faroe Islands
    Home Page:
    I have been using a NS-10 set for years. But I am working in a new place now, and we have Genelec 1030A monitors here. I have only this to say about the Genelec monitors for mixing: THEY SUX
    What I am trying to figure out is what monitors I should go for now. Genelec is out of the question.
    Has anyone tested the new Yamaha active monitors?
  12. JBL LSR28P
    Tannoy Reveal (passive) with Studer A68
    PMC AB1 with Studer A68

13. adc004

adc004 Guest

Quested H108's with a Hafler 9505 amp. Sounds incredible! NS-10's too.
  14. sign

sign Guest

NS10 and Sony G7. The Sony G7 is a huge hi end speaker from the late seventies with a 15" bass speaker and they sound like a very big NS10 with lots of low end :)
  15. MadMoose

MadMoose Active Member

Apr 22, 2001
    I'm using the Mackies, Tannoy PBM6.5II's and Minimus 7's. I have a pair of Urei 809's that I don't use anymore. They're for sale if anyone's interested.
  16. drumsound

drumsound Active Member

Feb 12, 2001
    Bloomington, IL
    Mackie with NS10, tiny Realistic and a Sony Boombox for "reality check." I use Event 20/20P at home.
  17. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    I use Genelec 1031A and JBL 4406

- Bruce -
  18. bohemio

bohemio Guest

I am looking for a pair of monitors for my home studio. I need something not so expensive, maybe under 1K for the pair. I was told that Tannoy Reveal Actives where good and they cost like 600... Any other suggestions? What do you guys think of the Tannoys?

19. kid

kid Guest

I have a pair of NS-10's which I hate. i just never got used to them. I also have a apair of Event 20/20's which I find a little boxy sounding and a little hyped in the low end. I am looking for something in the price range of $1,500 or less. I've been looking into the KRKV8's or the V88's any opinions?
  20. Dynaudio BM15 (good), Yamaha NS-10 (bad, but trusty), JBL 4311B (ugly)