1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

motherboard for DAW

Discussion in 'Recording' started by yaaaawn, Oct 6, 2002.

1. yaaaawn

yaaaawn Guest

I'm looking for a motherboard for Pentium 4 2.26Ghz, 533Mhz FSB processor. Can you please suggest a reliable motherboard for this processor for DAW applications. I have the maudio audiophile 2496 soundcard. I'll be using this with the cakewalk sonar.

2. Have a look at:
    Asus P4B533
    Asus P4B533-E
    Asus P4B533-V
    Asus P4T533-C (Uses RDRAM)
    I went for the -E, whioh is working fine, however, it was mentioned on one of the threads that the -V would have been a better choice. The shop I use, MWAVE.COM, did not have those. Another shop to look at NEWEGG.com. And if you have price protection on your credit card, use PRICEWATCH.COM to get the lowest price.

3. yaaaawn

yaaaawn Guest

Thanks for the suggestion. Others have suggested the P4B533E board so I think thats what I'll be going for.
    Any suggestions for the memory ?
    I'm thinking of putting 512M ddr, but there are so manyu of them available. Any suggestions would help.

4. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    I use and trust Kingston very much. Never had a single problem with them in any way...
    Other good brands are Samsung and Crucial
    Mushkin is ok but not used that much.