1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MOTU 4Pre & Cubase Artist 6, Having Trouble Getting Started

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by Marial, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Marial

Marial Member

Hi, brand new to the forum and fairly new to home recording. Previously I was an avid user of Garage Band when I had a Mac, but when my old Powerbook Ti finally became fully obsolete I didn't have the money for another Mac. I ended up with a Lenovo (Idea Pad, I think) laptop and so I'm now using Windows 7. After doing some research it seemed like the MOTU 4 Pre and Cubase Artist 6 were the way to go but I'm having trouble getting going. I believe I've installed everything correctly, but I can't seem to get a track set up. I'm a bassist (don't hold it against me!), and not technically inclined, and manuals that aren't completely straightforward make my eyes crossed.

So... any tips or step-by-step quick start instructions for how to set up a track using this interface and DAW? Oh, until the used Avalon U5 I ordered shows up I'm going to use an Aguilar Tone Hammer DI for direct sound through the 4Pre.

Many thanks!

2. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Steinberg Cubase 6 Quick-Start Video Tutorials 1 - YouTube

FWIW, it only took me about 10 seconds to find this link... YouTube is your friend ;)