1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Motu 828 mkII & Uad-1 - Which Mobo/CPU to choose?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by JeanLucAsh, Aug 28, 2005.

1. JeanLucAsh

JeanLucAsh Guest

I'm looking to upgrade my PC, partly because I can't seem to get rid of clicks/pops from my motu firewire... Tried just about everything.
    And of course I'd like a faster machine for my Cubase use...

Anyone using a combination of the 828 and UAD-1, with no problems? and if so - which Mobo/CPU do you use?

I'm currently thinking of an Asus a8v Deluxe (AGP) + Athlon 64 single core, but any recommendations are very welcome...
  2. feggymango

feggymango Guest

You might want to avoid the newer x2 amd chips, there is a post somewhere on this forum and alot of people are having serious problems with freezing and crackling. I have just an MSI neo2 platinum with a AMD 64 3000+-they are dirt cheap, overclockable and rock solid
  3. wavline1820m

wavline1820m Guest

hey i just saw this post, i know its a little old, however i can help.

i have the exact same setup 828mkII and UAD-1 i had probs to , with my mobo, i had a jetway board,

i switched to a ASUS p5p800 with an intel chipset, and things are beautifull. not a single, click or crack or $*^t....

hope this helps...
  4. JeanLucAsh

JeanLucAsh Guest

Ok, Thanks for the info.

It seems though, that UAD-1 should have solved some issues with version 4.0 of their software, regarding firewire interfaces and dualcore.
    Hope it's true.
  5. geckormf

geckormf Guest

Same setup, using Gigabyte K8NS Ultra939 with AMD 4000+ and have absolutely no problems. The mobo acccepts X2 with BIOS upgrade, sowhen X2 prices come down a little, I'll go that route.