1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Motu 828 MKII versus Motu Traveler

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Murdock, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Murdock

Murdock Guest

What's up with this choice?

2. jamiey

jamiey Guest

What do you mean? Read their feature list, they are two different products. You would hopefully choose the one that best suits your needs.

Simple comparison chart...

I've used the original 828 for years and it's been okay. I realize things may have improved, but the preamps kinda suck, and the converters are just alright sounding. You get what you pay for. IMHO, you could do much better with an RME Multiface w/ card-bus option, for almost the same amount of money.
  3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    Depends on the type of firewire you have. the Traveler requires the six-pin connector for bus power.

If you are on a mac no problem with either.

4. poprocks

poprocks Guest

Off the top of my head, it seems like with the Traveler you're paying for the two extra pres and the 192k option. If you ask me, I don't need either of those things. I'd rather spend the extra 2 bills on a better outboard pre. Plus, the 828 is rackmountable out of the box. I got one of those SKB rolling rack cases and I put my 828mkii in there. Now it travels!