1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MOTU HD192 or FOSTEX D2424

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Dudley, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Dudley

Dudley Guest

Hello All,
    My church want to have a system setup that is able to capture our various choirs performances, which will then be edited and burned to CD for sale.My budget is $4000.00 but out of this I plan to purchase an Allen & Heath GL2200 mixer $2500.oo and the balance $1500 for the recorder.
    From what I've read I really want the HD192, but of course that would put me over budget so I was looking at the Fostex D2424 as an alternate. I realise the 24bit 96khz versus 24 bit 192 khz difference between these two. So what do ya'll think and does any body have any other suggestions as to how I should go.
    thanks for your comments.
    DB

2. XHipHop

XHipHop Guest

I don't know anything about the Fostex, but the Motu HD192 simply sounds amazing. I don't go above 44.1 because it just sounds so good. I recently imported some tracks into my new setup that i previously recorded on a Digi 001, and immediately it sounded so much better. The reason is the D/A's make such a difference when monitoring and everything was just crisper and clearer (thus, i could mix the tracks much easier when i could actually hear what i was doing!).

If you have a mac, the audiodesk software that comes with the HD192 would probably do a great job for what you are looking to do.

Good luck!

3. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

I ordered a core HD 192 system but it seems it won't be compatible with Apple's new PCI-X slots (so I'm thinking of cancelling the order), so it's something to consider if you are thinking of buying a G5 in the future

4. Dudley

Dudley Guest

Anyone with Fostex d2424 experience?
    How are the a/d converters?
    Can it interface directly to a PC?