1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Motu Traveler Praise

Discussion in 'Recording' started by doubleJ, May 16, 2008.

1. doubleJ

doubleJ Active Member

I just wanted to give some credit where I haven't seen much...
    I've been using the motu traveler for a couple of years, and I have yet to see another interface with so many options, except the v3hd (also from motu).
    I think it is a bit expensive (not so expensive for 1, but a lot for 4). I'm waiting, with great anticipation, for the day it breaks $500.
    Are there any, newer, interfaces that are as feature-filled (firewire, preferrably).
    JJ

2. mhutch

mhutch Guest

Don't know about newer ones, but I'll be picking up a Traveler in June, so this is good to hear. Thanks!

3. doubleJ

doubleJ Active Member

I think it's the best all-around interface I've seen, unless you just need the most inputs possible. I think 3xpresonus fp10 would be the best value for that.
    JJ

4. Thanks for the endorsement, JJ. It's nice to see someone from my area on this 'board.

5. vashuba

vashuba Active Member

how do the pre's stand up against the mk3-
    896?

Also how has it been working for you? I am thinking of upgrading from my us122.

6. Hello folks, sorry to light up a thread after so much time...

I am beginning to use my Traveler MK-3 right in these days, but I have troubles in understanding what I'm doing... :confused: Please let me put it better.

The architecture of the signal routing and busing seems fairly complex, the Traveler is really a "studio-in-a-box". Generally speaking, it seems that one has always two or more ways to do one same thing. But the manual does NOT provide a diagram of the buses and routing scheme! That would be enlightening! A picture is worth 1,000,000 words! thumb I wonder if any of you gurus is aware of additional MK-3 documentation, or a specific thread (possibly a "sticky") in some forum, or (pardon me for daring) may have the patience of giving me some explanation...

Thank you SO much!