1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mp3 recommendation

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by imagineaudio, Dec 28, 2004.

1. imagineaudio

imagineaudio Active Member

Sorry for posting off topic but I've been contemplating on getting an mp3 player to run off rough mixes instead of burning 1 or 2 tracks to CD. Is anybody doing this? Which ones do you use? IS anyone aware of a player that will be compatible with .wav files?

2. frob

frob Well-Known Member

the zen touch si somehting i thinking of getting it plays .wav and has the best signal to noise ratio of the portable players that ive seen, it also seems to be marketed tward the audiophile

http://creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=10274&nav=2

3. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

Get a 20 gig ipod. Supports 16 bit aiff files no compression or use Apple lossless codec that sounds quite nice and uses less drive space.

Also, you can transport entire sessions on it from place to place.

Chris

4. imagineaudio

imagineaudio Active Member

Well, I bought the Samsung/Napster 20gig Player......No wav support and what a pain in the ass to use.....Im going to trade for the 30gig Zen Xtra.

5. frob

frob Well-Known Member

i would wait for the zen touch, i really dis like the file upload of the ipod.