1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Multi-track recording (toneport ux2, Sonar 6 PE)

Discussion in 'Sonar' started by MediaMurder, Oct 14, 2007.

1. MediaMurder

MediaMurder Guest

Hey everyone,
    I need some help, Im trying to stereo mic my acoustic but im having problems in sonar.
    Im running two condensers into my 2 mic inputs on my toneport, and then into Sonar 6 PE. The problem im having is that when I try to configure both mics to record on separate audio tracks, im unable to do so. My toneport is saying that I can do this by using either inputs 1-2 for one mic and 3-4 for another but I dont see this option in Sonar anywhere. All I see is left mono, right mono, and stereo inputs. If I select either of the mono inputs it only uses mic 1. UGH!!!
    Can anyone help me please please???
    Thanks so much!

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

In gearbox, do you have the outputs set to stereo? You should have the outputs set to dual mono.

3. MediaMurder

MediaMurder Guest

not sure, how do you set the outputs in gearboax? I thought you did that in your DAW.

I dunno...

4. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

There should be an option to select input/output in gearbox. Gearbox acts as the interfaces "mixer" similar to any other inteface control panel. All the input/output modes are set in gearbox or Line 6 ASIO control panel.