1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Multiple Laya 3Gs

Discussion in 'Recording' started by fish, Mar 5, 2005.

1. fish

fish Guest

is anyone out there using 2 layla 3gs on their pc? i bought a 3g thinking i could use adat and spdif at the same time. i used to record my audio mixdowns via the spdif of my lalya 20 bit and spdif of my yam 01v. now im stuck with recording mixdowns analog!
    i tried routing adat outs from the 01v desk to the soundcard. but your just bombarded by glitchs and drop outs whatever comination of digital settings.
    the 3 G cant run spdif and adat together.
    i have the layla 3g + layla 20bit working together, but as i want to run the 3G at 48 khz and 24 bit i get problems in sx2 using both cards.
    my question is does anyone use 2 layla 3G's at once. one in spdif and one in adat mode? i want to hear it works before i buy another 3G. please dont say i should have bought a rme multiface because i know . . lol
  2. tengu

tengu Guest

I am very intersted in the answer to this as well. The layla doesn't take S/mux via the adat input so it would be more viable to run 2 laylas at once so I could get more inputs at 24bit/96khz.
  3. fish

fish Guest

i have found that the laylas adat io only works at 44k. i get pops and crackles on the adat inputs at 48k. the problem continues whatever dio settings i use with my 01v. im still interested if 2 laylas will work ok together,