1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

multitrack input assign

Discussion in 'Recording' started by bobdole, Jul 25, 2005.

1. bobdole

bobdole Guest

I want to record drums for my band and i can do so by plugging in the drum mics to the mixer and then a single cable into my computer. I use the program Adobe Audition 1.5. My problem is that all the drums are in one track together. I want to be able to assign different inputs for the different drums (ie. overhead mic, tom mic, snare, etc.) so that in mixing i can adjust, just say the cymbals (if there too loud or too soft) or the snare. I want to have individual control. Another example is if i got the whole band to play and wanted each instrument in a separate track for mixing later. Does any body know what peice of hardware I need to be able to do this?

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

First, you need more than one cabse running from your mixer to your computer tro carry more than one signal. Second, you need a sound card that has as many inputs as you have mics on your drumkit. What soundcard are you using now?

3. bobdole

bobdole Guest

would this work: http://www.audiotrak.net/maya1010.htm

4. David French

David French Well-Known Member