1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

mwave for assembly and test

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Fozz, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Fozz

Fozz Active Member

Jun 4, 2001
    Williamsville, NY
    Home Page:
    http:// charges $80 to put a PC together and test it:
    • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://direct.mwave.com/mwave/ProdnCUST.hmx?UID=&CID=&Back=
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm think of having them build our favorite Asus p4b266.

mwave has received positive reviews, in other other posts here, as a source of parts.

• <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">does anyone have any pro or con comments about using them for building a PC?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
  2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Gaurantee they do not optimize it properly for audio and you will most likely have to re configure it yourself to get it optimized for audio...
    You are better off either doing it yourself or having me do it for you...
    Obviously most people here will tell you to have me do it and have it done right the first time.
  3. jetoney

jetoney Guest

4. bgober

bgober Guest

5. SonOfSmawg

SonOfSmawg Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2000
    I didn't know you offered such a service, Gary. What would you charge for doing it?
  6. wiz1

wiz1 Guest

If you get mwave to do it, it will work as a pc, but not optimized for audio.

If you're not one who tinkers around with these things, you should definitely have anus master opus build it, then all the optimization is done...

Just my 2 cents.
  7. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    SOS...yes I offer this service. It's on my website under services..
    Something like this I charge $150.00 plus shipping.
    The time I take and the loop testing I do for audio based machines is worth every penny.
    I have done a couple of these so far with great results.
    Jetoney is one of em and the other..I can't remember his user name here! lol
  8. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2002
    FUGGEDDABOUTIT, make it an OPUS2000!

LOL, when the man says he'll build a world class DAW machine for $150.00 service charge, configured, tweaked and loop tested, its a no brainer. And think of all that tech support if you ever need it! :D :cool:
  9. SonOfSmawg

SonOfSmawg Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Hehehehehe ... that's the deal of the century! With the deals to be had on the components, plus the $150, you'll still get twice the puter for your money than you can buy down at Gateway.
    So ... when are you gonna start building Mac clones on the sly? LOL