1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

My Adam A5 has a crackling noise!

Discussion in 'Monitoring / Headphones' started by Kristoffer, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Guest

Hey everyone!

This is my first time on a music forum.

I received my new Adam A5 studio monitors two days ago. And immediately I started playing different kinds of music for hours to test them out.

Then: During the string intro of "Baby I´m a fool" with Melody Gardot I was shocked to hear an annoying crackling noise coming from the speakers, especially when I turned the volume up a bit, though not frighteningly loud.

I have tested different sources, two different sets of cables, switched between the monitors, and plugged them directly to my ipod, but the crackling/hissing prevails.

Without knowing for sure the crackling seems to be triggered by the cello, and inutitively it feels like the speaker driver cannot handle that sound.

I am very dissapointed. I would be really greatfull if someone could give me some advice and maybe if owners of Adam A5 monitors could test the string intro of "Baby I´m a fool", and give me some feedback if they experience the same.

Looking forward to your respons!

Regards Kristoffer

2. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Guest

Correction

The crackling sound comes from the speaker playing the top part of the string intro, and not the cello part as I stated before.

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hey, welcome to RO!

Sure its not digital distortion in the mix?