1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

My dog chewed on a 57 and it still works!

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by planet red, Sep 26, 2001.

1. planet red

planet red Active Member

Someone forgot to shut the door to the converted garage where I keep all my stuff and my pitbull (she chews thru really thick bones in minutes) went down and chewed on a 57 for at least 5 minutes and while its all dented and everything it still sounds the same. haha thought it was a funny story, i just wish the headphone amp she got to last month could have held up the same way.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Originally posted by planet red:
    i just wish the headphone amp she got to last month could have held up the same way.

Yet another good reason to keep things plugged in and "on" at all times. She'd have probably given up pretty quickly had it been on...

3. realdynamix

realdynamix Well-Known Member

"Bad dog..bad....bad dog!"

--Rick

4. MadMoose

MadMoose Active Member

If it was plugged in you might've gotten a good sample from it. It also might've taught the dog a lesson.

5. McAllister

McAllister Member

. . . but now you have that marvelous 'dog-slobber-filter' that everyone is talking about.

Good dog. . good good dog.

6. sjoko

sjoko Member

how much better does it sound?
    How much does the dog charge for the mod?

7. DSL

DSL Guest

them's tuff bastards :)

8. planet red

planet red Active Member

i have tons of "modded" equipment/cables/furniture that ill sell. she does a real nice mod on any pair of sweaty headphones and will give your brand new 57's that been around on 10 world tours look. So send your cordless phones, remote controls, mics, heaphones, headphone amps, blankets, and chairs. either that or ill send you the ones she's already gotten to.

9. gilbus

gilbus Active Member

Too bad the company isn't as tuff as their microphones. Maybe then they'd be at AES in November.

(sorry Fletcher - I couldn't resist)

-g