1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

My drum programming.

Discussion in 'Drums' started by killersoundz, May 8, 2005.

1. killersoundz

killersoundz Guest

I'd like you guys to take a listen to one of my songs, mainly my drum programming and comment on it. I've been programming drums for over 4 years with a program called fruity loops. I use samples that I have recorded of my own kit. That may sound easy but trust me it takes a hell of a lot of work to get good samples. Thats the key.

http://www.myspace.com/alexknappenberger its the first one called "instrumental something something"

Also, guitar is recorded with a Behringer V-Ampire head directly to my computer. :D Everything else, drums, strings, piano, and bass is programmed. I make up guitar riffs and then figure out each note and program it.

Thanks.

2. gumplunger

gumplunger Active Member

Sounds decent. The hi-hat sounds fake, but that's pretty much a symptom of any song with programmed drums.

3. killersoundz

killersoundz Guest

you really think the hi hat sounds fake? i cherish my hi hat sample, it's absolutely the best hi hat sample you'd ever find for open hi hats. I know the closed hats at the slow part sound fake, I'm going to record me playing a part there anyway.

oh well.

4. gumplunger

gumplunger Active Member

Yes, the hihat in the very beginning sounds fake. And if I may say so, the drums sounded very small in the mix which didn't add to the realism factor.

5. killersoundz

killersoundz Guest

Oh, thats a ride cymbal at the begining. Go have a listen now I've remixed it a little bit.