1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

my eventual build 1

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ak48, Apr 21, 2002.

1. ak48

ak48 Guest

Thanks to all for feedback on previous post.
    This is what I,m aiming for although I think I might wait for the new P4 2.6 with the 533 FBS speed.Please tell me if I,m missing something.

Q Technology ATX Ultra Quiet 300 watt Power Supply
    Asus P4T-E P4 I850 Skt478 ATX Motherboard
    Matrox Millenium G550 32mb AGP DUALHEAD Video Card
    Lian Li Bare-metal Midi Tower all-Aluminium case Lian Li PC65 w/side window & 4x front USB ports
    Intel Pentium4 1.8AGHz Skt 478 CPU (512k cache)
    Molex Radial Fin CPU Cooler
    2xPC800 512kb RDRAM
    2x40 gig Maxtors using a raid controller
    Molex "Silent Driveā„¢" Hard drive enclosures
    Dvd/cd rom
    Plexor cdrw
    Hammerfall DSP System
    Multiface: 36 Channel 24 Bit/96 kHz I/O Box

Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro
    Genelec 1029A Speakers

kurzweil K1200

Logic gold
    The Grand
  2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Curious as to know the reason you are going with the P4TE when he know the 850 has a bug with RDRAM and the 845 doesnt have any bugs....
    just curious to know that one...
    Umm...you are hooking Genelec's to a Mackie? :eek:
    That seems really odd to me..Mackies add a really wierd sound to certain speakers and Genelec's are so damn clean that it almost seems a shame to hook them up to a Mackie board like that...just an opinion....
    Otherwise it sounds fine
  3. Jon Best

Jon Best Active Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Well, there's another one for different strokes... I'd rather have the Mackie and some other speakers for the same price... :)

4. Nick Driver

Nick Driver Guest

I'd have to seriously consider waiting for the new 533 stuff unless you just hafta get the new machine immediately. Also only a 300W power supply? Man, if you can afford a ~$250 aluminum case, surely you can afford a 400-450W power supply for it too. (or maybe not)