1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

My mouse makes the awfullest noise

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Jbon, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Jbon

Jbon Guest

And, I am not surewhy it does it as I, simply am waiting for the time when I can afford a replacement cooling solution in my hoss DAW I built myself but which had the "Evercool" chosen as its cooling solution..(wc-201)which(I learned) is an "unreliable" :oops: solution..er that is to say I will make account for its reliability , this way... "you know its gonna fail, about 30 days, after you install. that is the reliability of Evercool wc-201 in my experience. I paid a cool 100+ in US$ for the unit . ( I really am still on the same subject) :roll:
    This backup I am now using proving the reliability of anHP.... but this DAW has this annoying glitch associated with moving the mouse in Ableton live during playback .. NOISE/STATIC/seemingly "sympathetic" to my on-screen "flash objects".... and my makesaudio sound poor in the spots where it leaks down!
    but mostly its just difficult to focus on anything with this static mouse movements-NOISES persisting all the time, as prefer to I choose to keep my habit of "mousing" while the "capstan" plays .(.my "main" DAW AArdvark doesn't seem to have the problem wireless mouse or non)MYcurrent only "work-around is to simply amend my habit to not mousing while pla in motion... (but its hard)
    I forgot to mention I had replaced my wireless mouse on this unit with a regular wired one...I don't suppose its being an "optic" mouse would be the "reason" I am getting this "interference"...to see if that would help.. which It did some but not enough...

does anyone recognize what I am experiencing?
    thank you very much for any assistance or comments

2. schizojames

schizojames Active Member

If this is a USB mouse, this would almost certainly be the problem. Many USB peripherals cause conflicts more easily than their serial or PS/2 counterparts. If an adapter doesn't fix the problem, then you must wait for your good DAW to come online.

3. Jbon

Jbon Guest

thanks very much

I did have a usb wireless which performs beautifully on the daw I built but bought a cool-looking cooling solution for, as the aark card inside and its outbox for the other goodies outsidehas this type issue knocked before it calls, well in hand, but immediately. I assumed it was either of those factors when the annoyance was noticed on this older, actually much more reliable (so-far)the HP)it is does well, but is a kid brother of sort.as back-up so-called daw-pc......I am very grateful for your comment, James.
    I am my own worst enemy I share 1 monitor till I can afford a seperate one for each unit then I can utilize the matrox dualhead in my daw2 but then i will be back whereI started without amonitor for the hp.. so actuallyI should buy myself two matching new ones! or mabe sanny claws ha ha ha
    thanks , man