1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

My new ANUS

Discussion in 'Recording' started by garysjo, Dec 11, 2002.

1. garysjo

garysjo Active Member

So, I got my machine up and running and all is well!! The only problem I had was installing XP. Originally, I was trying to copy files w/o running smartdrv.exe so the machine would hang. So I re-booted and ran smartdrv.exe first then installed windows and everything is fine....except before XP boots, it asks which OS I want to install, XP or "old operating system" Apparently it thinks there is another OS installed. Is there anyway I can get rid of this, or do I have to reformat? I used NTFS on both system and audio drives

P4PE
    2.4B P4
    512Crucial
    Matrox 550
    Seagate 40G
    WD 120G 8MB cache

2. bgober

bgober Guest

the easy fix here is to open the boot.ini on the root of the os drive(notepad will work). make a backup before you do anything. then look at the [operating systems] section and remove the line referencing the old operating system. this should take care of the boot issue. not sure why your getting this though.

3. eskimo

eskimo Guest

got my setup running yesterday aswell. And in deed they are the same:

P4PE
    2.4B P4
    512Mb samsung
    Matrox 550
    Seagate 20Gb
    WD 120G 8MB cache
    Delta 1010
    XP Pro

4. garysjo

garysjo Active Member

thanks Dan! i'll give that a try later today. i think I'm getting it because the machine froze during the file copying process. So I re-botted and then did the install over. Perhaps I should have re-formatted.

5. bgober

bgober Guest

you're welcome,
    if that's the case the boot.ini fix should do it.
    btw that's a rockin' set up hope you both enjoy it.