1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

My Second Multitrack purchase!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mattro11roby, Feb 5, 2006.

1. mattro11roby

mattro11roby Guest

Hi, I own a Fostex MR-8, but it seems that I am just growing out of it. I am looking to continue recording my band, so what would be a good choice for a new multitrack? I plan on spending about 400-500 dollars. Four track simultaneous is something I need. Does Boss make good recorders, they seem good, but since I own a PODxt the effects aren't needed. Also would about the Zoom MRS-1608CD Digital Multi-Track it seems good. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!

Matt

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

If you have already outgrown your 8 track recorder, there isn't a whole lot out there that can exceed 8 tracks within your budget. Of course there are many computer interfaces that allow 8 to 10 simultaneous inputs, close to your budget. That along with some reasonable software (frequently bundled) can get you into the 64 virtual track bracket! Mark of the Unicorn used to make a device called the 24i, I don't know if it still in production. It allowed up to 24 simultaneous analog inputs with a 2 track monitor output that used to go for around $800. Conversely, if you saved up your $, you could purchase the Alesis 24 track hard disc recorder. A friend of mine has one and I have utilized it often and like it very much. You can obtain one of those for as little as $1300!

Of little help
    Ms. Remy Ann David