1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

my voice is below instrumental after each recording, advice please

Discussion in 'Recording' started by boussir yusuf, Apr 6, 2015.

1. boussir yusuf

boussir yusuf Active Member

Hi everybody
    I use cubase 5.1 for recording , ( i have a sound card ( fast track c600) and a microphone ( jts js-1e ) , after each recording my voice is below than instrumental :( ... is what I have to use plugins? if yes ? ( which ? ) or i need a mixer ??

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Welcome.
    Its a bit hard to understand exactly what you need help on. An audio example would help us get directly to the point.
    Can you upload an mp3 example here, or link us to a soundcloud example of this?

boussir yusuf likes this.
  3. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Your question is vague, and I suspect there may be a bit of a language barrier here as well.

When you record your voice to a track on Cubase, with your fader to that track set at 0db, are you hearing anything? Or is it weak and barely audible? It may be that the mic you are using has an output that is too low, or that the Fast Track you are using isn't configured correctly in the software menu..

Are you sure you have the 48v phantom power switch engaged? The mic you are using is a cheap cdesner but still requires phantom power to operate.

Have you made sure that all drivers are up to date for the Fast Track?

The more specific you are, the more we can help you.

boussir yusuf likes this.
  4. boussir yusuf

sorry !! my problem is that the recorded voice is decreased than the instrumental , and how to use photom donnythomson .??? how to increase the recorded voice? ( and im sorry my english is very bad )

5. boussir yusuf

and thi is one track recording for my friend in my home studio

i need some help !!

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hi, I undeleted this because we can help you. The audio is all we need right now. Thank you for posting that!
    It sounds like you have a gate on the vocals? Do you have some effect on the vocal track?

7. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

If you're using prerecorded backing tracks you may need to turn them down before you mix the vocals in. The level on your master bus meter should be around -18dB.

8. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

At 0:30 the vocal become clearer and louder. IF you haven't touch anything while recording, you might have a faulty mic, wire or pre/interface. OR something went wrong in the mixing process.