1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mytek ADC

Discussion in 'Recording' started by stickers, May 9, 2008.

1. stickers

stickers Active Member

I wondering if there are any mytek users on this site.

I currently have a digi 002 w/ onyx 800r clocking it via adat. A rack of sca pres (4 a12s, 2 N72s, 2 J99s) And I also have an Echo audio fire 8 and mbox2.

Between the 3 the ad seems pretty close.

I heard a clip the other day where I guy did a clip of him singing and playing acoustic DI. One with him using AD on the 002 and the other using the ad on a mytek. There was a big difference IMO especially on the top end clarity like tissue papers were removed from tweeters or a cloud disappeared.

I thought I was done buying gear for a while but that clip really got me thinking about at least getting 2 great channels of AD.

Id really love to get there 8x192 with the light-pipe and adat option so I could use it as a stand alone interface or run into the 002r to use pro tools. which seems like the best way to go that way I wont be tempted to buy the latest LE 00X series.

Any thoughts on myteks in general and any other recommendations or avenues I might consider?

2. stickers

stickers Active Member

So umm yeah.. I understand this is digital but moving the thread to this part of the forums is like sending it into a black hole. No one visits there.

3. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

Hi
    Just saw your post. Apogee, Mytek, Lavry, Aurora, Prism will get your sound to another level.
    I am conseidering buying a Rosetta 200 to improve my a/d d/a on mastering.

4. tstoneman

tstoneman Active Member

There have only been a few times where I've fallen out of my chair. One was swapping out the Aardvark clock setup to the Mytek 8X192. When we ran a Triton Rack through it and A/B'd going through the Aardvark and then the console converters, the instruments didn't even sound the same. that good. If you're only needing 2 channels, you might consider the Crane Song HEDD as well. We use it for tracking and some mixdowns and it is more flexible and very smooth.

5. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have been with my Hedd192 for one month and I am pretty satisfied too.
    A leap from the 01v96 and 02r96 ad da tasks.
    Better than the Apogee I was originally interested.