1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

mytek /benchmark converters

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by julian lamp, Jul 3, 2003.

1. julian lamp

julian lamp Guest

hi there, it seems that both benchmark and mytek are bringing out stereo a/d converters at the same time soon .Any info on price availability and comparisons greatly appreciated.I know the Mytek has the same specs as their 8 channel a/d converters and i,m sure both will be of excellent quality.julian

2. Welcome Julian,
    I haven't heard any news yet about new converters...
    Do you happen to know Julian Standen- he is from London and used to be a mod here (I don't think it's likely, but you never know). Doc

3. julian lamp

julian lamp Guest

4. julian lamp

julian lamp Guest

hi doc no i dont know julian standen ,no one knows anything about these converters?

5. ckevperry

ckevperry Active Member

They are roughly the same price and both extremely nice. You will be happy with either...they are such a high calibur you will simply have to hear them for yourself to decide which is best for your situation.

Benchmark will also be making a 2 channel A/D with mic preamps on board. Around $1600.

FWIW I own the Benchmark D/A and will likely pick up the Mytek A/d.

6. Bowisc

Bowisc Active Member

Soon after the Benchmark ADC-1 with pre-amps is released, a "pre-less" version will follow. Sort of a "one-trick pony" as the DAC-1 is. I plan on getting the latter version.

I have a DAC-1 and my opinion is that this DA is truly a nice piece for the tail-end of your system. I'm using mine to drive powered monitor speakers.

Bowisc

7. julian lamp

julian lamp Guest

i need them for a particular project :acoustic guitar ,perc ,electric fuzz,bass,vox,but i cant try them both (living in London).Any ideas? Julian

8. jslator

jslator Guest

Has either been released yet? :confused:

9. Bowisc

Bowisc Active Member

Benchmark is supposed to officially have them at NAMM just a few days from now...

Bowisc

10. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

You guys may want to check out the Mini-Dac from Apogee before making a true final decision.

This is a DAC you don't want to miss out on! The analog output on it is truly a beefy one!

Cheers

Opus :D

11. ghoost

ghoost Guest

Opus ...

Have you heard the DAC-1 ?

12. ghoost

ghoost Guest

Opus ...

Have you heard the DAC-1 ?