Name that reverb setting

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by Smooth, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smooth

Smooth Guest

I

[ May 27, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Kurt Foster ]

2. Smooth

Smooth Guest

3. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

Opps... maybe people actually have important things to do other than surf the net all the time ;P

Geez, at least wait till the weekend.

4. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

Hey, I dig that clip!

LOL! well you're right, I know I'm just a guy trying to find himself in this haven that is RO ... electrician by trade :eek:

floyd rose>EMG pickups> mxr dynacomp> high gain pre-amp> slight detune effect/or flange(TC electronics?)> light digital stadium 'verb with a prominent early reflection, and dynamic panning right to left.

Toto influence?

5. realdynamix

realdynamix Well-Known Member

:) Me too! Tommy, you are a master!

--Rick

6. Smooth

Smooth Guest

outta this dump

7. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Not so, Smooth, Sometimes you will not get an answer because no one has anything helpful to say. In that case it is best to leave the post as it is so someone else can see it and perhaps make a reply. It's not that you are being ignored, it's just that I don't have every setting for every reverb in the world memorized.

8. maybe if u linked a song that doesnt cross michael bolton with nu-metal then u woulda got some helpful answers sooner...
    any "pro ears" as u called them shouldnt even want to know how to achieve such godawful garbage...

9. Kurt Foster

I spent 3 minutes of my life that I can never get back d loading that ... and to tell the truth, I don't hear any reverb on the guitar at all. It sounds like it was recorded in stereo.

10. falkon2

... And I suppose *YOU* are the leading voice speaking for "pro ears" everywhere? How quaint. :p

11. Smooth

Smooth Guest

no Reverb--dude--your are deaf

.your obviously not a pro--how the heck do you moderate here? --and I dont care how many washed up musicians you mixed--you got no ear if you hear no reverb on that guitar

The guitar was not recorded in stereo.
    It was recorded in mono as all pro rock guitars are.
    Played twice and panned wide LF. There is a 1/2 note delay on the send with no repeats fed into a plate reverb with some predelay

I would tell you the settings as I have found out elsewhere --but this forum is pointless

why you would call it protalk is astonishing

12. mixman77

mixman77 Guest

Hey smooth,

You need to slow down your chops a little before you really piss off those of us who see how little you know and really begin to point it out. First thing, if you are such a pro then where are you or better yet who are you? How about a list of pro's as you call it you have worked with. I've been in this businees for over 25 years with a masters degree in broadcast engineering and this you are asking is beyond amature. I work with a different "pro" or national artist almost everyday. Post some of your mixes, names of artist you work with, etc. Not that bull crap you are asking us to listen to now or is that your best. BTW, it sounds like a Mackie console with Alesis ADAT and Alesis effects to me, the gear may be better but that's all you are getting out of it. But be careful because if you trully are a "pro" or not I/we will know you, so step out from behind that stupid 'smooth' name and reveal yourself (real name) before coming on here and making us find you and point you out as the chump you seem to be. BTW, you really don't want to get into the head of Kurt, it's scary in there.

My Real Name,

Kevin Mixson
    Vice President RO
    President/CEO TTM Music Group Inc.
    Check me out and learn something!

P.S. Post up or shut up OR be gone for good. BTW, YOU need to read the 'rules of the site' again and maybe again so it might sink in a little... yep, i'm starting to get pissed.

13. falkon2

Kev: While I'm not on his side, I'd like to point out that he never called himself a "pro" per se...

But what the heck.
    Smooth: I've never been able to stand pompous idiots who feel the need to prove themselves better than everyone. You got your settings, good for you. Why take a jab at Kurt? You made the first offensive move with the "I guess there are no pros here" remark (which, although you childishly edited out in some pathetic attempt to save face, still exists in quotes in later posts). Kurt sure as hell could have given you a more well thought-out answer, yet you choose to take his sarcastic response as an absolute measure of his "professionalism" (since we're using that word so much).

Heck, I don't consider myself anywhere near professional, but even *I* could have told you that those were two mono tracks hard-panned.

Only thing I can say now is - watch your step. You potentially could lose a lot more face in your next few posts, something I assert a person of your huge ego would not want.

Ah, and just in case you play the edit game again, here's a quote of your post.

Have a good day.

14. mixman77

mixman77 Guest

Well at least he has something right then!

Ah, wait, I see he's from New York. What's your real name cat?

Peace,

Kevin

15. falkon2

LOL. I actually forsee this thread being closed by Fats sometime soon. And for my next trick, I predict a 25%, maybe 50% chance of Mr Smooth here doubling back on his word and coming back to start up more trouble.

16. mixman77

mixman77 Guest

NO, this thread will not be shut down. I want 'smooth' to give some real info here on himself. This is a forum and sh*t happends. I feel 'smooth' needs to stay on the playground and not run to the teacher because he might get a black eye.

Cheers,

Kevin
    Vice President RO

P.S. People are welcome to come and post what they want on this site within the rules. I may be new to RO but I'm not new to this game. Post what you want but be ready to feel the repercussions of it when you do.

17. Kurt Foster

Well it appears as if "Smooth" was posting a test rather than seeking out the "helpful pro" he later whined about not being able to find. Just looking for some trouble. And btw, I don't delete threads or posts. If that was a recording by Smooth, which I doubt, I must say he is fu*kin great guitar player and I really liked the recording, the little bit I heard of it, but I honestly didn't hear any verb sound.. just a very stereo image. But we will never know because Smooth edited his first two posts, removing all the content and the link, so that no one else could listen and agree or disagree with me. Why did you do that Smooth?

Originally posted by falkon2;
    I didn’t mean that to be sarcastic, I was earnest in what I was saying about leaving a post up so others could respond. I truly didn’t have anything to add although I did think it was a bit much for anyone to expect, that anyone would be able to pick out one reverb setting on a particular recording (especially one that is not very distinct) of all the hundreds of thousands of reverb programs available. I admit I was a bit annoyed that anyone would be so impatient and demanding ...

Originally posted by Smooth;
    ...and to expect that someone would be able to be able to do this. It goes to show how much of a clue Smooth doesn’t have..

We run into this all the time, guys that come on to the site and think to themselves "I could be a better moderator than that guy".. Heeheehee. So, they think if they show someone up and try to embarrass them , someone will give them the mod job. Well I just don't understand how anyone can be so insecure to have to try to tear some one else down just to try to make themselves look/feel better. Funny thing is, that usually doesn't work. It reminds me of the quintessential miserable schoolyard bully.

So Smooth, I don't play that game... I don't care what you think of me or the people I have recorded.

Originally posted by Smooth;
    That statement not only attacks me but some really fine musicians. It really shows us just how far up your ass you have your head.. Some of the cats I have worked with are freakin' legends dude and were much more than you could ever dream to be. I recived $15,000 to $20,000 advances on several of those records of "washed up musicians" you mention from major record lables. How much in advances have you recived? I get royalty statements and payments in the mail every few months. How many checks are you getting in the mail from your music, unemployment checks and nut pay SSI excluded? You simply show your ass writing something like that. You need an education in Blues and Rock N' Roll history.

I would ask, do you have records that are available in every Tower Virgin record store on the planet? Can I punch up 'Smooth" on a Goggle search and come up with a couple pages of results? I doubt it. I have been successful enough in my recording carrier to retire at 49, buy two acers in the woods, overlooking a senic river valley on one of the best fishing rivers in North America. I own three nice cars, an ATV and a ton of great recording gear. AND I don't owe a dime on any of it! I have the time to be here at RO most of the day. I meet some great people here and generally have a good time exchanging posts and occasionally, I have to deal with the likes of you.. that is the cost I suppose, there is no free lunch. So you see, I am happy with myself, something you obviously aren’t. It is Karmic justice that you have to live with your miserable self. That is good enough punishment. At least I have the courage to use my real identity and not hide behind some screen name and sling sh*t at people I resent for having found more success than I have. Perhaps your attitude may have something to do with that.

Originally posted by Smooth:
    :tu: Good! This is 10 minutes of my life now, that I will never get back, that I have wasted on you. Be assured, that this is the last bit of my time you will ever command. Bye' forever (I hope) Kurt

18. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

Well Smooth,
    I popped over here earlier, at the pm/request of a fellow member to see if I could answer a question for you...umm...seems like you insulted a good bunch of people for no apparent reason :D Back down to the musicians pit for me!
    :p:

19. Kurt Foster

Thanks to Tommy P., falkon2 and Kevin Mixson for being here for me! I love everyday I get to spend here on RO. Thanks Fellers, ... Kurt

20. falkon2

Just for the record: Smooth's original first post in this thread was asking for a reverb setting for a piece of music. Now, while I might be wrong, I doubt he would have asked this if the music was his, originally. He could just have called up the studio he worked with to get his answer.

Of course, I might be wrong and he might be trying to reverse-engineer what the studio deems a trade secret. I find that highly unlikely, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.