1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

need advice buying a midi keyboard

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Deusx, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Deusx

Deusx Active Member

i am gonna buy a midi keyboard for my home studio in the price range of 300$ i really love the Grand piano sound, variations of piano sounds, organs, pads and want also to work with it on software synths such as Absynth. also i want it to be good enough to use on stage concerts.

A couple of available keyboards i saw in the market are
    1 yamaha psr 295 250 $
    2 casio ctk 551

didn't check how they sound, i would when i am gonna buy it.

some basic features i would like are
    key sensitivity control
    mod wheel

2. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

only you can decide that bit

just about any modern keyboard is gong to have the midi implementation you need for the software synths

beware the Home Keybpards as their implementation can be less than standard and very frustrating.

3. Aziel

Aziel Guest

check out the Maudio key controlers...they are great...and can control some plugins parameters with the knobs... :cool:

4. Deusx

Deusx Active Member

ok :lol:
    i would check if i can find this brand around here , their are just a couple of shops in the city that has some good quality products but only of the brand ROLAND,CASIO,YAMAHA and KORG, its hard to find a midi cable for a sound card here, so you can imagine.

please do tell me if any of the above brands have a gear that has really good sound quality for my 300$.
    thanks for the replies guys.

5. Digitonic

Digitonic Guest

Thanks for the tip. Ive been looking for something like this....Steven

6. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

?????
    M-Audio !!
    key controler is good
    but ... ??
    where will the sound come from ?

7. Deusx

Deusx Active Member

yeah :lol: that's another point why iam looking for a midi keyboard not just a midi controller