1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need Advice on Zoom Mul

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by johnyyguitar, Jan 21, 2005.

1. johnyyguitar

johnyyguitar Guest

Hi All,
    I'm about to purchase a multitrack recorder. I'm leaning towards the Zoom 1608. One other consderation is the Korg 1600, but the Zoom seems to be more in line with the features I will need/want.

Unfortunately, I have no stores around here where I can touch/look/listen to various machines.
    From what I can gather the Zoom 1608 is suppose to be a more semi-pro piece than their lesser stuff. I heard the sound quality lives up to the other Korg,etc
    I'm not expecting top pro stuff in this price range, but all things considered, I'm trying to do the best I can.

So my question is:
    How is Zoom equiptment, the 1608 multitrack in particular. Do you think the quality is about par to Korg 1600?
    If I had a Zoom, Korg, Boss, etc machines side by side in a store to pick up and inspect, would I/You (someone who's been around music equiptment, can recognize a good guitar/amp) notice any much difference in quality, would I be saying..."Gee this one looks cheap". or... maybe "yea they all look like they'd hold up ok"

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated, thanks johnyy