1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need Fresh Ears - New Links

Discussion in 'Recording' started by sharmon, Feb 23, 2004.

1. sharmon

sharmon Guest

Hi, i have recorded and mixed this rock band. Am not totally happy with the mix but need a new perspective. I have spent a lot of time on the mix and would really appreciate a fresh opinion.
    Please click on the link and have a listen if you have the time. Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks. :) Full Song - 2.9MB
    Sample - 1.6MB

[ March 02, 2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: sharmon ]

2. Ellegaard

Ellegaard Active Member

...and a link the works?

3. Ellegaard

Ellegaard Active Member

Firstly I didn't think the ensemble played together very well. I'd like the guitars and drums to be more tight, quite simply.

Also, maybe the resolution wasn't as good, but I thought the guitars were kind of flat or dull. How were they recorded? Maybe try to tweak them a little, I'm thinking especially on the high end, to give them more sonic character and make them sound more agressive.

Apart from that, there're some really nice parts in it!

4. sharmon

sharmon Guest

Hey Christian, thanks for the feedback, i'm not happy either with the guitar playing, but thats what i have to work with. Was thinking myself that they need more on the hi end, will do something about that....thanks...
    Sharmon

5. Ellegaard

Ellegaard Active Member

I'd maybe try to do something about the drums as well. Make them sound bigger - if you have the opportunity, maybe replace the snare drum with a bigger sounding snare? Or somehow give it a little more middle?